On Fri, May 29, 2009 at 12:56 AM, David Manura <dm.lua@math2.org> wrote:
> On Thu, May 28, 2009 at 2:42 PM, M Joonas Pihlaja wrote:
>> Can Lua 5.2 have ./?/init.lua in the default package.path?
>
> Or remove the init.lua thing entirely [1].
>
> [1] http://lua-users.org/lists/lua-l/2009-04/msg00389.html

I'd disagree with removing it as I like to be able to have a Lua
module that has itself and its submodules contained in one directory:

lua/
  mylib/
    init.lua
    sub1.lua
    sub2.lua

...which would be imported by require "mylib", require "mylib.sub1"
and require "mylib.sub2". Sure, I could have

lua/
  mylib.lua
  mylib/
    sub1.lua
    sub2.lua

...but to me that is a bit messier, it's better to have a single
"root" file/directory than for it to be all-too-easy to separate a
module from its submodules when copying libs around (especially when
the "lua" folder gets quite full).

-Duncan