On Wed, May 6, 2009 at 4:56 PM, Tobias Markmann
<tmarkmann@googlemail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, May 4, 2009 at 11:46 PM, Duncan Cross <duncan.cross@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>>
>> Hello,
>>
>> I have just uploaded the first preliminary version of a new binary Lua
>> module for handling Unicode to LuaForge. It depends on the
>> International Components for Unicode (ICU) - see
>> <http://icu-project.org/> if you are not familiar with it.
>
> Hi,
> Do you plan to support functions available under usprep.h and uidna.h in
> your binding too?
> Tobias

Hi Tobias,

I don't have a plan worked out, but I wouldn't consider any part of
ICU out of scope for this binding, so, sure. The parts that you
mention both look quite straightforward to add as 'icu.stringprep' and
'icu.idna' submodules. In between sessions of hacking away at a
version of Lua's string matching code that works with utf-8 and
ustrings, I'm currently going through the API and working out how I'd
wrap each bit in a Lua-ish way, after which I'll somehow work out a
prioritization.

-Duncan