On Sun, Apr 19, 2009 at 3:18 PM, KHMan <keinhong@gmail.com> wrote:
> I don't believe I've seen a configure setup for Lua yet, perhaps there is a
> real dearth of automake/autoconf talent around these parts... We need a
> automake/autoconf guru to save us unwashed barbarians! :-)

I do appreciate (as a consumer) the ./configure make install universe,
but why does it have to be so _ugly_?   Also, not all operating
systems are POSIX, apparently.

Now, if Lua was used, autoconf-like processing could be so much more
elegant, and perhaps even faster.  As much as (ba)sh is the prince of
shells, it is a very awkward _programming_ language.  (There, I've
said it)

steve d.