s exactly what I needed to know,

Thank you Victor

On Wed, Apr 8, 2009 at 1:04 AM, Victor <victor.box2@globo.com> wrote:
Hi Japa,

IIRC, to remove the child process from the O.S. process table and free
its resources you have to call posix.wait() on the parent process after
the call to os.exit() on the child process. See the man pages for fork
and wait functions.

If your client is waiting the server to close the connection, I think
you have to call client:close() on the server parent process as well to
really close the file descriptor.

Victor Fusco

--
Marcelo Oikawa