Welcome in the dynamically-typed world, where you pay increased conciseness and readability with lesser tool assistance... Although a lot could be done in theory, nothing very satisfactory exists AFAIK, especially if your standard "good enough" is Eclipse's JDT. I guess this lack could be blamed on 1- not enough money to get companies interested, and 2- not enough pain inflicted by the language to motivate hackers.

In practice, Emacs + etags is the least unusable solution I've found, despite quirks such as buggy syntax highligt, e.g. for multi-line comments or strings, and sometimes "creative" indentation.

-- Fabien.