Due to restrictions in a microcontroller, we have 1MB available but can
only address it in 16KB chunks.

We have successfully ported Lua but are running out of memory due to
this limitation so our thought is to have Lua use a 'paged' or 'banked'
memory scheme (i.e. addressing all of the 1MB by switching between pages).

Has anybody attempted this kind of alteration and/or can you point us in
the right direction as to how we may get started with this if indeed the
Lua source would even allow it without a substantial re-write?

Thanks in advance.

Alex.