Same here, never needed more than a standard text editor and print routines ^^ Notepad2 on windows and vi/gedit on Linux.

Kenneth

David Hamill wrote:
I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who uses a text editor for coding and print statements for debugging!

So far this "IDE" has worked fine for me in Fortran, Pascal, C, Java, Perl, and Ruby (plus HTML, CSS, SPICE, LaTeX, assemblers, etc etc). Although I'm just taking my first steps with Lua, I'm sure my favoured development environment will work fine with this language too!

I'm not fussy about text editors. Currently I use Win32Pad on Windows and gedit on Linux, but vi is fine too. Syntax highlighting doesn't really excite me.

David