Nick Gammon wrote:
> I know it is almost 2 weeks later, but I would also like to support
> the \x## notation.

Actually, this is something I was going to raise again. Has the
arguments for the above mentioned feature been persuasive enough to
convince the official developers of Lua? I ask explicitly because, as I
have mentioned before, it is not unknown for developers to just wait out
the discussion on a popular feature request they don't want to implement
(for reasons foul & fair). As it doesn't really matter what any of us
think, I want to know where the official developers' thoughts lie.

--
Regards,

Benjamin Tolputt
Analyst Programmer