I played with Love for a while and liked it. There were a few things missing from its graphics model that were annoying for me, but that may have had more to do with what I was trying to render. It was a little annoying dealing with it's require behavior when I was trying to use it as a platform for experimenting with Lua-based UX rather than as a game hosting environment. But as a game environment, it's quite nice. I've been meaning to get my 10-year-old son going with it since he wants to learn to write games.

Mark