On Mon, Feb 23, 2009 at 10:19 AM, Jerome Vuarand
<jerome.vuarand@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm using Roberto Ierusalimschy's struct library in some of my
> projects. I have a build system that automatically downloads it from
> the struct website [1] and patch it on the fly for my needs. I noticed
> that the file changed recently, and my patches fail to apply. This is
> not a big concern, I can update them. What I'd like to know is if you
> plan to do a formal (versionned) release anytime soon. Otherwise is
> there another stable url where I could retrieve older versions ?
Having a versioned struct library w/ changelogs would be nice...
I also noticed the docs no longer match the code...  struct.size has
been removed.

Also... I have made some additional patches to support BER-style
encoded number and tags.

Attached is a patch to the latest struct.c out there for the following:
 * Add 't' for encoding ASN.1 tag values
   * Accepts an integer as the whole representation of the tag
(includes class, constructed or not, and tag-value)
 * Add 'G' and 'g' for encoding ASN.1 BER lengths
   * 'G' expects a number after it to specify the minimum size
   * 'g' uses a number > 0 after it to specify the required size (too
large results in error)
 * NOTE: t, G, and g ignore endian-ness as ASN.1 is supposed to be
endian agnostic
 * Correct spelling in main comment
 * Re-add b_size   (with the added elements, t, g0 and G  are marked
to have an undefined size)
 * Removes alignment usage of 's' value - didn't think that this was a
correct implementation...

If there are any alterations to these that would be
important/useful... please let me know.

If there is any credit assigned anywhere, please assign it to:
Thomas Harning Jr <thomas.harning@trustbearer.com> - TrustBearer Labs
since this patchwork was performed during employment for them.

--
Thomas Harning Jr.