Hi,

Apologies if this is not an appropriate use of the list, but VUDU (www.vudu.com) is looking to bring on at least one LUA developer as a consultant to help us continue to expand the applications on our LUA-based Rich Internet Application (RIA) platform (http://www.vudu.com/vudulabs.html) .  We have a backlog of projects we want to get started on now.  The job spec is below.  We’d like someone local (Bay Area) or someone who can at least spend time here initially to get up to speed.  This will be a consulting gig for ~3 months initially.

Please contact me at rob.holmes@vudu.com if you are interested.

Rob Holmes

Consulting Software Engineer — Rich Internet Media Applications (“Apps”)

The right candidate for this position will design and implement new rich media applications that bring the content and functionality of the internet into the living room.  You will work closely with the business development side of our organization and connect directly with counterparts at the most popular Internet video and music sites and services.  Your applications will be deployed to an existing (and growing) base of consumer electronic devices with high visibility in the connected device space.  The right candidate will be entrepreneurial and able to function with limited resources.  They will be interested in releasing high quality applications for this platform on an aggressive timeline.  Success in this consulting engagement may lead to further projects and potentially a roll overseeing a small team of developers pursuing a similar goal.

Required Skills and Attributes:

•             Extensive Web development experience, including UI design, AJAX and MVC Frameworks

•             Expert knowledge of scripting languages (LUA experience most relevant, but also including _javascript_, Ruby, PHP)

•             Experience with web services APIs, RSS feeds, etc.

•             Understanding of commonly used web video and audio formats

•             Good written and verbal communication skills

•             Self-motivated, hands-on generalist in client-server environment

•             Able to work in fast-paced, high-performance development environment

•             Flexible and team-oriented with experience as a team lead