On Mar 12, 2009, at 5:11 AM, David Given wrote:

Does anyone know where I might be able to get a library that will let me write Lua scripts that can talk to IMAP servers? i.e. make connections, list folders, download email, etc. I need encrypted authentication (but
plain-text authentication via TLS/SSL counts).

I'm happy with either pure Lua or via C bindings.

In C, that would be Mark Crispin's UW IMAP c‑client library:

"an API (application programming interface) used to build email clients and servers, including support for IMAP,POP3, SMTP and NNTP protocols and for local mailbox file access on Unix and Windows"

http://www.washington.edu/imap/

Haven't find a Lua binding though :/

HTH.

Cheers,