On Tue, Mar 10, 2009 at 10:42 AM, nlws <nlwsother@gmail.com> wrote:
> Alexander Gladysh <agladysh@gmail.com> wrote  :
>>  Google begins accepting SoC applications today, and stops accepting
>>  them on Friday, 13th. Would Lua community try to participate this
>>  year?
>
> I don't know how much work is required on the part of the mentoring
> organization (ie, Lua) to apply, but I would definitely be interested
> in participating as the student.

There are quite a few organizations that use Lua in their
applications. Nmap is one example that I know will be looking for
people to code scripts and/or work on the scripting engine. It would
be best for you to focus on finding and learning about organizations
you like that were listed in 2008 [1] which used Lua because they will
likely need someone again this year.

[1] http://code.google.com/soc/2008/

--
-Patrick Donnelly

"One of the lessons of history is that nothing is often a good thing
to do and always a clever thing to say."

-Will Durant