Hi Luiz,

On Wed, Mar 4, 2009 at 7:58 PM, Luiz Henrique de Figueiredo
<lhf@tecgraf.puc-rio.br> wrote:

> Our impression is that applications that are open to running arbitrary Lua
> code provided by the user should avoid accepting precompiled scripts. So we
> think that adding a flag to load (the Lua function from the base library)
> to check for and reject precompiled scripts is enough for Lua-based apps
> to be able to reject precompiled scripts if they want to. We don't think
> anything else is needed in the C side, since you can always write you own
> lua_Reader function to reject precompiled scripts.

It is not directly related, but I want to recall this:

We still have a problem when loading libraries from lua scripts (pure
lua), there is no way to change the flag
the interpreter uses to load libraries giving wrong behaviours on some
platforms. If you are open to add flags to detect when a script is
loaded precompiled or not, would you be open to do something similar
to the way libraries are loaded?

Cheers,

   Jose-L. H.
--