On Mar 4, 2009, at 3:02 PM, Gabríel A. Pétursson wrote:
I'd suggest making the current byte-code verifier optional in luaconf.h.

If possible, pulling the bytecode verifier to an external library would be useful... that way it could be optional. If still packaged with Lua (preferably its own file to keep things clean) then the luaconf.h configuration could enable it and buffer loading could invoke the verifier.

I suppose the trick would be to be able to yank it out in a usable manner, since I suspect that bytecode verification relies strongly on its parsed version.