Hello,

I'm trying to install the luasql-mysql rock from http://luarocks.luaforge.net/rocks-cvs/ and am running into problems.

My problem seems to be that the linker fails when looking for libcrypt with the following error:

ld: library not found for -lcrypt

When I change this line in the rockspec from

"$(LIBFLAG) -L$(MYSQL_LIBDIR) -L$(MYSQL_LIBDIR)/mysql -lmysqlclient -L$ (ZLIB_LIBDIR) -lz -L$(OPENSSL_LIBDIR) -lcrypt -lnsl -lm"

to:

"$(LIBFLAG) -L$(MYSQL_LIBDIR) -L$(MYSQL_LIBDIR)/mysql -lmysqlclient -L$ (ZLIB_LIBDIR) -lz -L$(OPENSSL_LIBDIR) -lm",

then I *am* able to compile the driver.

So my question is, if I compile and install the driver like this, am I going to be missing important funcionality? Will the driver not work properly? The mysql test script in test/ directory fails because of a transaction error in both luasql 2.1.1 and 2.2.0rc1 anyway, so the it doesn't appear to be a reliable indicator of any problems.

Some additional information:

I'm running OS X 1.5, with MySQL installed via Macports. My full command to compile the rock is:

luarocks build rockspec/luasql-mysql-2.2.0rc1-2.rockspec MYSQL_LIBDIR=/ opt/local/lib/mysql5/mysql MYSQL_INCDIR=/opt/local/include/mysql5

Thanks and best regards,

Norman