For the most part, I really agree. I find often that scanning a table
for a string is a waste, when I could easily make a set out of the
strings, and do a straight lookup on the table with the string I'm
looking for as the key. What we have here really is that Lua has
normalized the overhead of most data structures, so that we're more free
to choose the best one to solve the task. That is where our readability
comes from, as the best data structure for a task usually has the most
logical code to go with it.

--
William Bubel