	Hi Bertrand

I like SQL, I wouldn't want to write some kind of query builder, I
prefer to use SQL directly. I think LuaSQL is ok even if I would
really like to see a Lua extension for apr_dbd [1] which is more
complete.
	Have you checked Dado (http://dado.luaforge.net)?  I also
wrote a gem about it (chapter 5, Abstractions for LuaSQL).

The current code is here:
http://github.com/golgote/frigo
	I think your escaping and quoting functions aren't safe.

but I am now thinking about changing a few things (I am not too happy
with the API) and I have to finish implementing other features and
write documentation...
	What changes in the API do you plan?

	Regards,
		Tomás