> Probably your package.cpath doesn't include /usr/local/lib.

So let me get this straight because there's potential for confusion:

I have the following:

muro.so (lua module)
libmuro.so (generic dylib)

When I require("muro"), muro.so loads fine, but muro.so depends on
libmuro.so.  The trouble I'm having is loading libmuro.so, which is in
/usr/local/lib as it should be since it's a lib I made and isn't a Lua
module.  Does adding /usr/local/lib to the cpath really allow dlopen
to find the dependencies that binary lua modules might have?

thanks,
wes