On Mon, Jan 19, 2009 at 1:32 PM, Linker <linker.m.lin@gmail.com> wrote:
> Wish base64's "\0" bug is fixed.
> I think we have to handle this issue with caution, which a string has a '\0'
> in it.

Agreed, for this reason I am having to supply a separate base64 lib with my app.

On a slightly related note, I was having some discussions with someone
recently who pointed out that in a typical network loop calling
socket.select(), 3 new tables are allocated on every call of the
function. What are the thoughts on allowing socket.select() to take
these tables as parameters, and then fill them as necessary, rather
than creating new ones?

The code appears straighforward, and I'm happy to submit a patch if
that is what is required to get this into the next LuaSocket release.

Matthew.