On Wed, Jan 14, 2009 at 08:05:01AM +0200, Asko Kauppi wrote:

> As a generic comment, I think it would finally be time for Lua community to
> develop this kind of modules in an organized fashion.
>
> There's so many of them. D-BUS. Cairo. SDL. Multiple incompatible and
> partial modules instead of a One that would be co-managed by the community.
>
> I think this is where we go wrong, and which keeps Lua back as a language.
>
> -asko

I agree about the need for organization of this sort of thing, but I doubt
it much keeps lua back as a language though (unless you want to claim that
with the organization we'd have fully formed working bindings for these
things already which would be, I think, something of an exaggeration).

For the record, I wasn't trying to push my bindings over anyone else's (I
just wanted to put it out there). I will be more than happy to work on
whatever binding is decided to be the 'official' binding.

I think the problem tends to be that people work on bindings like this by
themselves and either are unable to release them or never get to the point
where they feel like they can share them. So the next time someone needs
one they have to start their own, and we start the cycle again.

    -Etan