To: "Lua list" <lua@bazar2.conectiva.com.br>
Sent: Wednesday, January 07, 2009 5:09 PM
Subject: Calling into Lua from Erlang

Hi,

I will need to call Lua scripts from within Erlang soon. I was
wondering if anyone has already looked into a slightly closer binding
than calling an external program to run the Lua script and marshalling
via stdin/out?

I am currently undecided whether to make the Lua API available to be
invoked from Erlang (via a linked-in driver) or if it might be more
useful to write a Lua library that allows a Lua script to function as
an Erlang node (similar to the Erlang Jinterface lib for Java).

I would gratefully receive opinions and wisdom on this kind of stuff?

Thanks,
Robby