From: lua-bounces@bazar2.conectiva.com.br [mailto:lua-bounces@bazar2.conectiva.com.br] On Behalf Of Jei-Wen Teng
Sent: Thursday, December 18, 2008 11:00 PM
To: Lua list
Subject: Re: Question about returning values of COM method call by using luacom

Hi,

I found another solution to my question.

I think this might be useful to other people who might encounter the same problem so I post this by replying here.

Although the use of CreatObject() described in section 6.2 of LuaCOM's user manual is luacom_obj = luacom.CreateObject(ID, creation_context, untyped), the use of untyped parameter seems never described in the manual.

After tracing LuaCOM's source code of CreateObject(), it seems that I can set untyped parameter as true to let LuaCOM treat the COM object to be created as a generic one without typeinfo and then I can get the value of EncodedData because all parameters are treated as [in, out].

It seems work in my case although I am not sure if this is really an alternative solution.

-- Jei-Wen Teng