On Sat, 20 Dec 2008 12:22:27 +0530
<abdul.shaik@wipro.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have a requirement that, I need to execute some commands
> on a remote hosts (VxWorks) from my lua scripts.  Is there any
> such support is available for Lua. I am using luasockets in
> my scripts.
>
> Please let me know if any telnet sessions are possible using
> lua scripts?

Well, I'd avoid telnet, due to its obvious wide-open security flaws and
other unideal properties.

Why not write a daemon on the remote host that uses os.execute or
io.peopen, in conjunction with LuaSocket?  That way you can add
security, not have to worry about the complexities of Telnet, and add
useful meta data.

B.