From: Sam Roberts
> On Tue, Nov 25, 2008 at 1:45 PM,  <phrogz@me.com> wrote:
> > It occurs to me that I haven't shared this yet. It's quite similar to
other
> > unit test frameworks. A few things that made me write it and like it:

> You might want to add it to:
>  http://lua-users.org/wiki/UnitTesting

Will do.

> From a quick glance, lunity appears to be almost identical to lunit?
> http://www.mroth.net/lunit/documentation-0.4.txt

It is quite similar, to be sure. Though the assertions are standard in my
experience with other test suites, I also strove for consistency with lunit.

The big differentiator for me was the ability to run the tests from the test
file itself, instead of requiring a shell script (that doesn't work on
Windows). That alone is why I wrote lunity.

I also create a dummy data table that is passed into setup() and each test
and teardown(), which is a very minor convenience.

I also was feeling a bit clever and allowed this syntax:
  module( 'TEST_RUNTIME', lunity )
instead of lunit's:
  module( "my_testcase", lunit.testcase )