Hello everybody,

Is there is a reason why I cannot compare a number with userdata? Provided
I have necessary metamethods?

The problem is we're using long-based Lua (on MIPS) and sometimes need to
deal with bigger integers, particularly 64-bit ones - only a few operations.

So I've implemented a simple Lua library in C operating on them. All
arithmetic operations work fine, but comparisons won't, giving "attempt to
compare number with userdata" message.

If there is no reason, then where should I look in Lua sources to fix that?

Sincerely,
Nick