I was looking for ways to make the LNUM patch do this (having decimal number arithmetics). It proved too difficult without having a dedicated library taking care of the arithmetics etc.

Please tell us when/if you find a module that does that great. With for example complex numbers there's both the module way and the patch way (LNUM, completely integrated to Lua native number type).

-asko