I think with the OO approach one should go strictly with the official cairomm API.

	http://www.cairographics.org/documentation/cairomm/reference/namespaceCairo.html

Anything else would mean one needs to do and maintain heavy documentation. Also, it will be easier to sell an implementation if it does not deviate from an existing well designed API.

-asko