Hi,

This is my first post on this forum. In case that somebody is keeping
a list of how Lua is used, I used it extensively in my OWASP (Web
application security) Summer of Code 2008 project, Securing WebGoat
using ModSecurity Project
(http://www.owasp.org/index.php/OWASP_Securing_WebGoat_using_ModSecurity_Project).

Using Lua's programming capabilities, I believe that I'm one of the
first to mitigate a class of vulnerabilities called business logic
flaws using a Web Application Firewall. I gave some presentations on
it a couple of weeks ago at the OWASP EU Summit in Portugal and
received very favorable comments.

You Lua pros will cringe at my primitive use of Lua, but I thought I
would mention on this list that it was used in my project.

Regards,
Stephen Evans