On Thu, Oct 30, 2008 at 12:21:26PM -0700, Jim Mellander wrote:
> Anyway, I thought of porting the plugins to lua - does anyone know of
> any tools to ease the effort?  Any advice, hints, suggestions, etc.?

Generally, no automated translation of Perl to -anything- is practical,
except perhaps other variants of Perl (e.g. the Perl 5 -> Perl 6 translation
plan).  An aphorism of the Perl community is: "Only perl can parse Perl;"
like all aphorisms it (over)condenses the truth, but there is truth in it.
--
Chip Salzenberg <chip@pobox.com>