Hrm... Do you have an idea of how many threads your creating and destroying?  Do the system.X functions you are calling execute any LUA code or manipulate the LUA stack?  Have you tried not having cel defined at all, if so what does that do?  Have you tried using dummy functions instead of the system.X functions (maybe something that just returns a random number so you can have a semi random/realistic delay between YIELDS)?

LUA threads are subject to garbage collection, so if your creating a lot of them, maybe thats the issue?

Mike