Probably a shot into the blue: If you open a file handle without a binary flag,
weird things like these can happen. Try to open the file with the "wb" or "rb"
flag instead of just "w" or "r". Otherwise it stops reading/writing when 0 byte
is found and whatever not else (does it change \n to \r\n?).

Eike