On 19/10/2008 00:19, Antonio Scuri wrote:
IUP is a portable toolkit for building graphical user interfaces.

For some reasons, I neglected this solution for years. Somehow, I thought of it as being bloated and clumsy (don't ask why! but something bloated 10 years ago can be seen as lightweight today, anyway...).

I just downloaded Windows files for CD, IM and IUP, to discover these solutions.
For those interested only to try them quickly, the iup2_7_Win32_bin.zip file actually contains the three packages and the Lua runtimes... (makes sense!)

I took the CHM versions of the docs, mostly because they are lightweight (compared to PDF) and load fast (compared to Acrobat Reader, although Foxit reduces the advantage). I mention this because I found only "Page not found" content in these files! I first though they were corrupted, but I found out my PHP and JS references in same format had the same issue. I related that to the recent upgrade of my WinXP box to SP3, and indeed a page [1] gives various solutions, the "security update" one being the culprit.

I thought I could share my finding to avoid some confusion to other people...

[1] http://www.drexplain.com/press/chm-files-the-page-cannot-be-displayed-error/

--
Philippe Lhoste
--  (near) Paris -- France