Hi fabio, Thanks fo pointing me to MiniJoe. I will take a look. Yes I was looking for JavaScript -> Lua assuming that that Lua VM would be faster than any other JavaScript engine that is avaialbe for J2ME devices.
Regarding your comment on running JacaScript in Kahlua, once it is compiled into Lua (off-device lets say on a server), it would run as fast as Lua code on J2ME. Right?

I am not very much familar with either language so don;t know how much work is involved in translating JS to Lua. That is why I am looking for a tool/complier.

thanks much for you help
CHetan