Matthew Paul Del Buono wrote:
That being said, recompilation is only as expensive if it needs to be. Code first, profile and optimize after. I wouldn't recommend it, but recompiling is certainly a valid option if it's not too expensive for your needs.

I respectfully disagree on this note. lua_pushvalue isn't an optimization in this case, but moreso correct practice. Imo, to recompile it each time violates that least astonishment law, along with wasting time and memory.

So I believe the only-optimize-bottlenecks doesn't apply. Still, probably debateable. :)

- Alex