On Mon, Sep 22, 2008 at 11:34 AM, Jeff Wise <jwise@sealyrealty.com> wrote:
>> Those two pieces of code have very different meanings:
>
> Maybe I should restate my question:
>
> How do I define a 3 byte hex constant of 'D3A8AF', or more generally, of any
> length using the normal hex characters of 0-F?

you mean "a 3 byte hex constant string of 'D3A8AF'"

your assembly language experience is working against you.  remember
that in Lua (as in most dynamic languages) every value has a type.
even if there's automatic transformations, they're not just pointer
casting as in C, they're full value transformations.

--
Javier