On Sat, Sep 20, 2008 at 5:45 PM, Tim Channon <tc@gpsl.net> wrote:
> Can Lua do this?
>
> Add from a variable variable data to an existing array (table) of an
> array (table) in a variable of an exiting array (table) in a variable.
>
> All I see as examples use immediate data. All examples I can find of
> adding pairs to an array use constants.

There's nothing much special about constants.  Have you tried simply
replacing the constants with other expressions?  It's not clear
exactly what you're asking for, but I don't know of any problems that
would restrict anything to being constant.  Maybe if you can show some
code, explain what results you'd like, and what you get (even if
that's just an error message), people will be more easily able to
help.

-- James