Well, for sure, continuation-based is not the ideal design for all purpose, but from a pragmatic point of view, there are (rather frequent) particular cases where the traditional "generate one page per request" feels like spaghetti coding... And I really find continuation passing works better regarding the use of back button...

The real big problem I can see as for now is memory use... Since the Lua interpreter is so small, I really can see it grow, kb after kb, every time a request is thrown.. This is frightening... :) But, even after tens of thousands of requests, the server uses less than 4MB. In nowadays' standards, this is nothing...

> the 'real' solution is to use multi-shot continuations, not
> available in Lua.

Hmm... Sounds like a challenge :) I wonder if using Gut Steeles's algorithm for translating regular code into continuation-passing code would be feasible in Lua...

--
sacado