Some weeks ago, I had a hard disk problem that basically wiped out my accounting software (last Windows application I was using). About time.

I considered the options (€ 300 upgrade for the same software) and decided to just do it with Lua.

This is only for my own usage (as Linux was for Linus...) but I'd like to hear if anyone else is using Lua for their SOHO business or personal finances.

I'm using Lua as the data description language for transactions (no database), and some hundreds of lines of "main code" create reports for monthly and yearly taxation. Printing bills using LuaCairo (into PDF) will be the next stage, and there I shall stop.

-asko