On Thu, 2008-08-21 at 22:50 +0200, Eike Decker wrote:
> The forum has been down since Monday (http://www.icynorth.com/forums/index.php)
> - thought they'd fix it someday but it hasn't happened yet.
> Next to that I always wanted to ask why there's no forum on the lua-users /
> lua.org website? I know a lot of folks are using the mailing list and I do
> occasionally as well, but I normally prefer forums...

The simple reason is that lua-users and lua.org are both hosted on a web
host (Pepperfish) which refuses to host PHP sites due to the inherent
danger and hideous security issues presented by attempting to maintain a
PHP installation.

If a good forums program were found which was implemented in python,
ruby, perl, or perhaps more appropriately, Lua, then I'm sure we could
get it going.

Regards,

Daniel.
[Pepperfish Hostmaster]

--
Daniel Silverstone                         http://www.digital-scurf.org/
PGP mail accepted and encouraged.            Key Id: 2BC8 4016 2068 7895