I assume this is a FAQ but could not find anything with Google: I'd like to combine all *.lua files of an application into a single bytecode file (using luac) which I would pass to Lua at startup. I tried this but observing Lua on Linux with strace(1) revealed that all or most *.lua files were still loaded. I assumed that the order of the modules matters and tried the order as I observed it through strace(1) but this did not help. Is there a recipe for compiling everything into a single bytecode file?

The application I am looking to compile is the Nanoki wiki which is implemented as several modules which are loaded using "require" plus some C libraries. Obviously the C libraries would still be loaded from the bytecode. However, my question is completely independent of Nanoki.

-- Christian