Manish Jain wrote:
We are using general aspects of Lua
1) Simple constructs like if, for, repeat, gsub, function calls, etc etc
2) we are using very less number of global variables.
3) we have registered few C functions and we are calling them in our lua
module.

Please share tips and tricks so that we can use them.

There are lots of different tips and tricks, but we can't really
help without a bit more information.

A really, really good idea would be for you to benchmark some
of your code to see where the bottlenecks really are.

You can't optimize what you can't measure.

Ralph