David Kastrup <dak@gnu.org> wrote:

> Thomas Lauer <thomas.lauer@virgin.net> writes:
>
> > "Robert Raschke" <rtrlists@googlemail.com> wrote:
> >
> >> And, yes, I hate Windows too. Took me two days to figure out the
> >> weird quoting, for example.
> >
> > Well, I wouldn't say I hate it. It's more an complex, if sometimes
> > annoying, computer game;-)
>
> You could say similar things about a conveniently located restaurant
> that fairly regularly manages to give you food poisoning without fatal
> consequences.

Yeah, whatever.

I have worked with several other OSes over the decades and they, like
all complex systems, had (and have) their fair share of problems. I
happen to know Windows, so its quirks are not too much of a worry for
me. (Or perhaps, to stay with your simile, my much-troubled stomach has
over time got used to the food served by MS cooks: adapt or die.)

--
cheers  thomasl

web: http://thomaslauer.com/start