> D'oh!  Looks like Mark and I are in competition for implementation of his idea.  :-)

Not a problem! I'm excited that it was useful, and your approach looks a lot more sturdy (we haven't stopped to consider atomic locking yet, since it didn't break on the platforms we target). I'd suggest the patch I put on the wiki be replaced with this implementation.

I'll have to look into the debug module more. We aren't currently using it at all, so my experience with it is minimal.

-Mark