Hi all,

well, this is my first topic here, I ever wish to know Lua, and now I
have the opportunity :)

I'm trying to make a script for MySQL Proxy that stores the result set
to memcached and makes requests faster and I'm having some headaches,
specially because in Python we have 3 functions that helps a lot to
learn:

dir() - that shows all attributes and methods that an object has
help() - that shows the documenatation about builtin functions and modules
str() - that converts everything to string

my question is: has Lua equivalent functions to them?

thank you :)

--
Marinho Brandão (José Mário)
http://marinho.webdoisonline.com/