> cd src && install -p -m 0755 lua luac /usr/local/bin
> usage: install [options] file [dir1 ...]

It seems the "install" program in solaris does not understand the -p option.
So either remove -p or use a different install, such as the one suggested
in Makefile: http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/libwww/config/install-sh

If you choose to remove -p, then you may have to run ranlib on the installed
lualib.a. (But I did try it in SunOS 5.7 and it wasn't necessary.)

> and when (earlier) i executed make solaris i got lots of warnings:

These are harmless (but distracting).

Sorry about that.
--lhf