Dear Ryan,

We are proud to announce the first release of Lua for Windows (LfW).

Congratulations on this release.

I have downloaded and tried it, and the text editor looks good. The first thing I did was go to the lua directory and try the gtk.lua example. I got this:

>lua -e "io.stdout:setvbuf 'no'" "gtk.lua"
lua: gtk.lua:1: module 'luarocks.require' not found:
    no field package.preload['luarocks.require']
    no file '.\luarocks\require.lua'

What do I have to do to make this example work?

The second thing I did was to run the life.lua example. That sort of works, but all the generations start with a weird line:

Life - generation 1959

After that I tried the test_zip.lua, and that worked ok.

Also, why no luajit? Isn't it faster?

Sincerely,

--
Sébastien Loisel