Thanks for the help, Raymond. I've looked into co-routines and
lua_newthread, and they don't look like what I want. I think I might be
on the wrong track with lua_yield and lua_resume.

I'm looking at the lua source code now. I think it should be possible
to do what I want, even if I have to manually modify the lua_State *.
I'll write back here if I figure it out.

If anybody is reading this and knows what to do, please don't hesitate
to write.

-Brandon