Hello,

I am using JSON as a configuration file format for something
that monitors services on a network. The main incentive for JSON
is that some parts of the config are being sent to a _javascript_-using
web interface, and dealing with JSON there keeps the code
simple (so far).

Being able to reliably edit the configuration in the browser and just
send the changed JSON back would save me from having to
keep everything in SQL or something similar. The JSON data is
being used to generate HTML in the browser, so people are not
editing it raw (but a pretty-printer would be nice).

So I am asking what could go wrong with this (JSON as config
format), and suggestions for alternatives. I am keeping things like
IP addresses, what tests to run, what to do when tests fail, etc
in the config.

Thanks,
Bogdan