i had a similar problem some time back... i was tryin to mix c functions with c++ . It gave me weird linkage errors.
So wht i figured out is for calling c functions u need to have them wrapped in extern "C" { function defintion } type of syntax in your header file.
Maybe this could help

-Abhinav

On Wed, Jun 25, 2008 at 6:01 AM, Wesley Smith <wesley.hoke@gmail.com> wrote:
> Did you try without the #ifdef __cplusplus directives ?

No, but I just threw in the ifdefs with the lua headers into the
offending file instead of relying on it being included via another
header file and it worked fine for whatever bizarre reason.  I don't
understand it, but it works and I'm just going to move on.

thanks,
wes